Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lazy Train


  As I look around my small 2 bedroom mobile home trailer, I realize that I have been stuck on a Lazy Train lately.  I do not believe there is a flat surface that doesn’t have something on it. My kitchen is so incredibly cluttered! I don’t know how to fix it with no real storage space. The main culprit is my depression. I think I have been depressed since I was very little, like elementary school days. I finally started taking some meds for it the end of last year. The past 2 months though I haven’t taken them very regular at all, which is why I believe I am stuck on this “Lazy Train”.  It is so easy to get overwhelmed when you are depressed, the simplest of tasks are completely daunting.  A couple loads of dishes to wash can “look” like and seem like every dish in the house is dirty; so I put it off and by the time I finally get enough gumption to it, every dish in the house is dirty. It is so funny, I can clean someone else’s house with no problem for the most part, but to clean my own…

  We all have sin that we struggle with , and mine is Laziness.  I have struggled with laziness my whole life.  It wasn’t until recently that I realized that it was a sin.  Laziness is ruining every aspect of my life.  I know that it is laziness that is the reason my Scentsy Business hasn’t really taken off the ground yet!  Laziness is the reason my daughter has behavior issues. Laziness is the reason My Husband is unhappy in our marriage.  Laziness is the reason we don’t yet own a house.  Laziness is the reason I am over 100 lbs over weight.  Laziness is the reason my home is SOO incredibly cluttered.  Laziness is the reason!  
    The bible is very clear on this matter  Proverbs 13:4 (AMP)  The appetite of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the appetite of the diligent is abundantly supplied.   And for those of us who do crave, but still can not get off the couch,  Proverbs 6:6 (AMP)  Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider her ways and be wise!--  Ants work very hard, and they work together in community! So lets imagine being an Ant, running around gathering food and making tunnels and whatever else it is that ant’s do, they are constantly working. We Do NEED to be more like the ant!
  As I am asking For God's help with this I will let you know my progress! I really want to overcome this sin and I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)  I know that I am nothing without the Lord Jesus Christ.
  Father God, Please help my friends and I overcome our sin. We do not like falling short of your glory. God please give us strength and wisdom as well as a kick in the tail when needed.  In Jesus Name, Amen
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment