Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dirty Feet

My husband and I love to go garage saleing. Today we went to few sales, but because if the threat of rain, we only found 3. Two of the sales were very small and not worth stopping at. But the last one was in the country down a long gravel road was big and had lots to shop, so we stopped. I quickly found a plastic kids bowling set and knew I had to have it. As I walked back to our pickup truck to grab my purse I noticed the dust in grass was pluming around my feet. I felt so embarrassed for others to see my feet so incredibly dirty, covered in a white chalky dust. I quickly paid for my purchase and got in the truck with my family. I looked down at my dirty feet and I grabbed a tissue and tried to wipe off the dust.
We stopped at a gas station to get some drinks and snacks. Jena and I went into the restroom and we washed our feet and sandals. It was at that point my mind went to the last supper where Jesus washed his disciples feet.
Could you imagine, Jesus, God in the flesh, kneeling down washing your feet.
Seeing where you have been, how you take care of your feet, or lack thereof. For me, it would be embarrassing. For one, I should be washing his feet, He is my God, my Savior. I owe him my EVERYTHING !!
Second, I should be being a good steward and taking care of my own feet. On that same page, if The Great I AM can wash my feet, why is it so hard for me to not complain about cleaning up after my family? This something I will be working on through God's grace! How amazing is our God, he uses something as simple as dirty feet to remind me to be a good steward of my home! PTL

No comments:

Post a Comment